Wednesday, November 5, 2008

USMC Ball 2008


So I left Michigan last Thursday, October 30th (unfourtunatly on my Bestie's birthday:( )
SORRY BESTIE!!!!
One of the biggest reason for leaving when we did was so that we could make it back in time for the Marine Corps Birthday Ball. It's a very important tradition that takes place every year on November 10. Larbear's reserve unit hosted their chapter of the Birthday Ball on the 1st of November so we hustled butt to make back in time to rest up after our long drive and get all gorgeous for the ball!!
There was a small fiasco with my dress being stuffed into my tiny red honda and having some slight creases pressed right on the a** of my dress. Thankfully one of Larbear's best friend's mom is a professional dressmaker. She saved the day and steamed my dress just in time for us to get all primped and pressed.
The ball was in the Radisson in Nashua. It was a very nice reception with cocktails and hors d'oeuvres for a couple hours then the ceremony followed by dinner and dancing.
We met a really cool couple over dinnerin a funny way. Thankfully, they had been evesdropping when they came around with dinner tickets and heard me saying something about mine being a vegetarian dish...they came around with dinner when Larbear and I were away from the table so Haley stepped in, explained that she was pretty sure i had a vegetarian dish and saved my dinner! Larbear and I spent the rest of our night exchanging stories and talking about common interests with them and I made my very first New Hampshire friend! Haley and I have plans to go shopping sometime next week where she will show me around. Her and her husband are a little new to the area as they just moved here a month ago. So im totally excited to have a new friend and go out exploring!



And of course, Larbear and I were the HOTTEST couple at the ball!!!


No comments: