Friday, November 16, 2007

Grammy's Crap Day

It's Friday.
Ugh.
Most people say, "YAY!"
I say, "Ugh!"
Why you say? Oh well...as my Bestie used to call Thursday's--"Tammy's Crap day!" I lovingly refer to Friday's now as "Grammy's crap day!"
It's due to the my unfortunate loathing of cleaning.
I guess I don't really mind cleaning most of the time, especially if someone is there to keep me company. Cleaning my grandparents' house is a different story.
Old people are messy. And it's different when it's not your mess your cleaning up. Grampy has a scooter that he rides around outside, then rides it inside when he's done. In doing this, he always finds a way to bring in little bits of nature. Usually just grass, dirt or the occasional leaf. There was the incident where we had a whole herd of raccoons come and take a big berry dump up against the back storm door. Hilarious unless you happen to have to be the one that has to clean it up after Grampy has driven through it several times and left poopy berry tracks all through the house. gross.
Crumbs also seem to be a problem in our house.
As you get older, eye hand coordination just isn't what it seems to be. Eating is always a funny thing in our house. Jokes on the maid: Miss Myrna.
Crap.
I think my very least favorite cleaning thing happens to have to do with cats. They have cats. Stupid cats at that. I like my parents cats...they are sweet, playful and fun. My grandparents cats are reclusive, and well, assholes. Sammy, a loooooooooooooooong haired asshole cat is my arch enemy. He really is the nastiest one of them all. Only problem is, he is my grandparents favorite, and most precious. In their eyes he can do no wrong.
Thankfully he is de-clawed.
Sucker.
He is definitely the main reason i hate cleaning though. Somehow this cat manages to get litter ALLLLLL over the house. And his blasted stupid friggen hair. It is so long! It collects itself into little dust bunnies, but it's so fine it makes it hard to clean up...it likes to just float away when you come at it with a broom, vacuum cleaner, whatever! I have yet to find something that is efficient in cleaning it!
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
So this is me, off to Grammy's Crap Day.
Cleaning.
I'm sure it will give me a plethora of blog material.
Especially if I have to deal with this one....

1 comment:

Cupcake Blonde said...

Hmmmm, I adore cats, really I do. But that one sounds like it needs to be "accidentally" let outside.

I can not stand cleaning up after other people. I have enough problems cleaning up after myself.